Sunday, January 3, 2021

15 Minutes to Stitch

 I'm joining Life in Pieces this year for 15 minutes to stitch.  I know I can keep up with the stitching but I hope I can keep up with the posting and linking.

My week starts on Monday so my number of days will be a little different. 



15 minutes per day this week = 3/3 days
15 minutes per day in January = 3/3 days
15 minutes per day in 2021 = 3/3 days

Percentage - 100%




I would love to join the stash reports but I'm not sure how to calculate a scrap quilt and do you only count if the project is completed?  If someone could help me with that I would greatly appreciate it.

As far as my resolution,(Baste within a week of completing a flimsy) I completed a flimsy and got it basted 2 days later.  And I completed another flimsy and have the backing ready to baste.  Th
at will be done by the time next weekend is over.




Wishing you more quilting time than I will have.

Rose

Linking with:  Life in Pieces
                        Quilting Gail.



1 comment:

Kate said...

Great start to 2021! Looks like you've got a plan in place for the new year, good luck with your PHD.

As far as calculating fabric usage, there are a lot of different ways you can do it. Some people only count the yardage out when they finish a project. I count fabric out as I finish a block or border since my finishes are so far apart. so it's really up to you as to when you want to count the fabric out of the stash. As to calculating the yardage, there are different ways there too. If you decide to do it by finished quilt, then you would just write down how much yardage you had at the start and how much you had left at the end. I do mine by calculating the area of each patch used in a block in square inches, then dividing by 1440 which is the number of square inches in a yard. I use a spreadsheet to do my calculations and keep track of usage.

Thanks for linking up with the 15 minutes to stitch this week. I hope playing along helps keep you motivated. If you are worried about linking up each week, you are welcome to just link up once or twice a month. Not everyone has time to blog each week, so there are a few that just report monthly. What ever works for you.