Sunday, January 24, 2021

Stitching time week 4 - 1/18-24


This week went well.  

I finished Susan's #2 which is made from her late fathers clothing and is the same as #1 except for the sweatshirt color.  This one is for her daughter so I did a loopy meander quilting.



I also finished Janis' #1 (I hope she's not looking) also from her late fathers clothing.  This is the first fleece backing that I've done but not the last.  It is so soft even before washing.

That's two more off the PHD list.  YAY!!!


15 minutes per day this week = 7/7 days
15 minutes per day in January = 21/24 days
15 minutes per day in 2021 = 21/24 days

Percentage - 88%


2021 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                             17.5 yards
Used year to date:                        29.4 yards
Added last week:                            2.7 yards
Added year to date:                        2.7 yards
Net year to date             -26.7 yards

A couple of weeks ago I stated that I would count the tops that were done as stash out when they were finished and anything new as it is pieced.  I've decided not to count them out until they are complete.  Maybe this will encourage me to continue with my 2021 resolution of basting within a week of completing a top.


57 days of no smoking and 0 lbs gained
            

            The goal this week:

Quilt Janis' #2
Baste Susan's #3
Make progress on Morewood Mystery Quilt
Create labels for completed quilts.

Wishing you more sewing time than I will have.

Rose

Linking with: Life in Pieces
                    Oh Scrap


6 comments:

Marti said...

Congratulations on two finishes! And what wonderful quilts to give to these ladies. I love quilting with flannel backs also. Congrats also on quitting smoking and not gaining. You must have incredible will power.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I am so proud of you on all fronts - two quilt finishes, nonsmoking and not gaining weight. I also admire the goal of basting within a week of finishing a top. I should do that one too - that is usually where my quilts get stuck.

Susan said...

You're doing great on time and fabric both, but I'm really impressed by the smoking total. You keep going! That's the best thing for your health, and for your loved ones, and you'll be glad you did.

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Beautiful quilts...I'm sure each person will love them.
Have a great day!

Deb said...

Congrats on meeting those goals. Stay strong!!!

Kate said...

Wow! A very productive week on several fronts. Very fun finishes. Congrats on all the progress on the stitching time, PHD, no smoking and weight management goals. Fingers crossed this week is as good. Thank you for linking up with 15 minutes to stitch this week.