Sunday, January 17, 2021

Stitching time - week 3 1/11-17

I managed to finish Susan's #1 complete with binding but no label yet.  All 3 of her quilts are similar.  Her dad was an Auburn Alum.  Only the large Auburn block is different in the first 2. And the 3rd child is an LSU fan so his sashing is different.  Here's #1...



2021 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                             11.9 yards
Used year to date:                        11.9 yards
Added last week:                            0 yards
Added year to date:                        0 yards
Net year to date             -11.9 yards




15 minutes per day this week = 5/7 days
15 minutes per day in January = 14/17 days
15 minutes per day in 2021 = 14/17 days

Percentage - 82%

I didn't make it to the sewing room on Friday or Saturday this week. On Saturday, DH and I decided to take a road trip.  Our state doesn't have a lottery so we took a road trip to go to the state line and buy a few lottery tickets.  I know it's not the most logical thing to do but it gives us some time together that's not in front of the television.  Then we stopped to eat dinner out.  It was a nice day.  Normally Saturday is my day to clean house then do what I love.

I did get into the sewing room today.  I may need to get into the sewing room early in the morning so I can report without being late for the party.  Sunday is my day to buy my MIL's groceries (she's 90), do DH's bookkeeping (he's self employed) and then go grocery shopping a second time to get our groceries.  Believe me, if grocery delivery was available, I would use it.  We barely have pickup and then it's hit or miss.  Mostly miss, thus, go shopping.

Tomorrow is Martin Luther King/Robert E Lee day so I should have some sewing time.  I have made a list of things I want to accomplish in the sewing room but I also have to take my old vehicle to the dealership to see if they will buy it.

Today is day 49 of not smoking and I haven't gained a pound.  I sure hope I can keep it up.


Wishing you more stitching time than I will have.

Rose

Linking with Life in Pieces





1 comment:

Kate said...

Congrats on the finish. The blue is a nice contrast with the orange. Congrats on all the stitching time this year so far. Some weeks other things drive the schedule, but those are fun too. Happy stitching this week.