Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Stitching Resolution 2021/PHDs

These two coincide.

I have never participated in a Blog Hop before and I'm not a writer but Carla at Creatin in the Sticks asked if you could complete one sentence.

My stitching resolution for 2021 is____________________.

I couldn't resist.  

My stitching resolution for 2021 is to baste the quilts within a week of completing a flimsy.


This is my first time joining PHD's and I feel like I'm cheating.  Here is my list.



Most of these just need to be quilted.  If you have read many of my posts you know that basting is my least favorite part of the process.


#1,2 and 3 are memory quilts made from a friend's dad's clothes for her children.  #1 is basted and the other two are bundled with batting and backing.

#3 and 4 are also memory quilts made from a friend's dad's clothes.  The first one is being chain pieced.

The other has been cut.


#6 has been basted.  I didn't even remember basting it.



#7 has been partially quilted.


#8 and 9 are bundled with batting and backing.


#10, 11 and 12 have the backing chosen.


And here they are in all their glory.  I believe I have my work cut out for me.



The sad thing is this is not the entire flimsy inventory.


Wishing you more quilting time than I will have.

Rose

Here are the others participating in the Hop






Linking with:    Create in the Sticks
                Quilting Gail for PHD


21 comments:

Susie said...

Hi Rose, those are some lovely quilts and I hope you get the time to get them done and your Resolutions resolved!! Time is always precious and we start out with all good intentions and life and other things get in the way as we have all found this year! I hope you have a wonderful 2021. Hugs & Love, Susie xx

Ramona said...

Great idea to bundle the batting and backing together once the top is finished. Making the backing is my least favorite part of quilting, so I procrastinate there. You do have your work cut out for you and it will be a beautiful quilt year when you succeed!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Your flimsy pile is beautiful! Basting is definitively not my best step either, but I found that spray basting works very well for me. Much much easier, and much less wrinkles. Enjoy the process for the new year!

Stitchin At Home said...

What a wonderful pile of quilts! I love that you have them bundled together, great idea!

Carol Swift said...

Such a great way to bundle the quilts so they are ready for quilting. It's a beautiful stack of quilts! I spray baste my quilts because I'd never finish them if I had to pin or baste them with thread. Good luck with all your goals for 2021 and have a Happy New Year!

Jan @Cocoa Quilts said...

Rose that is some list. It will be fun to watch as you complete these quilts in 2021.

Karrin Hurd said...

Lovely quilts. I don't like basting either. Good luck on achieving your goals, and Happy New Year!

tink's mom said...

Based on the detail included in your post I see no reason why you won't make a dent of some kind in this stack of wonderment.

Carla said...

Oh, Rose, you look so organized I think you will whip these out in no time. You even have a spreadsheet. WOW. You have half the battle complete, you've identified all you need to do. Now all you have to do is do it. lol Happy New Year!

Karen's Korner said...

Very organised piles of lovelies there to work your way through. Good luck and enjoy.

Quilting Gail said...

Hi Rose,
If basting is your least favourite part of quilting - then good for you having that as your goal!!!
And thank you for joining in PHD in 2021!!! Best wishes for achieving your PHD. And, you are not cheating by having quilts that need quilting!!! They are unfinished and the goal is to get them finished!
Happy Quilting! :-)

Cynthia's Creating Ark said...

Sounds like a great plan. I know you said there is more but how great will it be to complete the ones you listed. Good luck

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Wow you are so super organized I think you will easily meet your goals.

Danice G said...

That is a wonderful resolution, one that I need to also do.

Calicojoan said...

Wow, you have a great way to track all your projects. So nice and organized. I have to admit...my interest was peeked with #11 Bad Choices. LOL!! It's all in the name and it got a giggle out of me this morning. Happy New Year.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Welcome to Blog Hop participation!! Your goal for the year blows my mind. Best of luck with basting each new quilt top within a week of it's completion!

Carol Andrews said...

Rose that’s a great, organized list of goals. I have 3 bins filled with tops, backing, binding and some quilts have extra fabric in case I need to make them larger so I can understand your dilemma. I had to buy a long arm to help with my problem and am just waiting for delivery. Good luck with your list. I’ll be cheering you on 🥳 Carol

Lyndsey said...

Good luck with your goals Happy new year.

LJ said...

Concentrating on those 12 UFOs is a wonderful resolution - forget you even have any others - another year... I think that basting the quilt right after making the flimsey is a fabulous goal.

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Awesome quilts to work on. Yours are closer to being finished
than most of mine. Have a great day!

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

You have some beautiful projects to finish up! I have a longarm and my flimsies just sit folded until I get the mojo to get to them! Your goal to baste right away is a good and achievable one!