Saturday, November 21, 2020

With time to spare

 I have accomplished my OMG with time to spare.

I wasn't sure I would make this goal, but with persistence and determination I did and won't have to spend Thanksgiving weekend doing it.

80 x 100

If you've read previous posts you know this is my oldest UFO.  I saw this quilt pattern in American Patchwork and Quilting April 2009.  As I had a granddaughter that was just a year old I thought wouldn't this look great on a little girl's bed?

Long story short, they lived in a 2 bedroom townhouse with 3 kids and that little girl slept on a crib mattress on the floor in momma and daddy's bedroom until she was 9. When they bought a new house she got a double bed and this wasn't big enough.  She got a special quilt, it just wasn't this one.

So this got shuffled from one pile/shelf to another waiting to be basted.  Basting is my least favorite part of quilting. (I have at least 7 more waiting for that)  I was determined this was going to be the next quilt finished.  I have no plans for it at this time.  It may be prime for Hands2Help in the spring.

Here are some closeups of the the quilting.



I hung it upside down so the feathers are headed south.  I'm thinking this will be my last quilt this big without a predetermined purpose.

Wishing you more quilting time than I will have.

Rose

Linking with:

9 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on finishing off this classic 9-Patch quilt!!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Congratulations on your finish! I love nine patch quilts.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Love those 9 patches! Thanks for sharing your lovely finish with Oh Scrap!

Rochelle aka Bella Quilts said...

So nice to see this quilt. I like simple 9-patches and putting them on-point with the background fabric keeps this quilt from becoming too busy. Congratulations on the finish.

Marly said...

Isn't it a relief when something that's been on the go for so long finally gets finished. I hope you find a good home for it, as it's so sunny and cheerful it deserves to be cherished.

Karen's Korner said...

That definitely needed to be moved from a UFO to the finish line. Well done.

Nann said...

I stuck a post-it on that pattern when I got that issue of AP&Q -- and in all likelihood it is still there. (2009, you say?) Your version is an inspiration. Congrats on meeting your November OMG.

Kathy S. said...

Congrats on your OMG finish. LOVE the colors between the rows.

Patty said...

Beautiful! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.