Sunday, August 8, 2021

Not a lot accomplished

 When I was making room for the Grace Frame I lost the shelves that the fabric was stored on.


I put all of the fabrics in tubs while the transformation was being made.  Because I have been working on my PHDs I really didn't need the fabric.  This week I decided to get the fabric back out and visible.  Not a lot of stitching has gone on and I still have more work to be done.  I will post pictures when I get it complete.

The week wasn't a total loss.  I did get a couple of rows done on my sister's quilt.


This is the first non meandering quilt on the Grace Frame so there are many mistakes design changes.  I told my sister that this has been a practice piece and she is not allowed to view it closer than 3 feet.  I have come to realize that this is going to take a LOT of practice.  Once it's washed and crinkled nobody will notice the design changes.

The goals for the week were:
Stitch a row on my sister's quilt πŸ‘
Trim Crazy Blocks and start sashing πŸ‘
Stitch at least 30 minutes 6 days πŸ‘Ž
Tidy at least 30 minutes πŸ‘
3 out of 4 is not too bad!!

This week the goals are:
Stitch a row on my sister's quilt
Make a label for Morewood Black & White
Fold more fabric
Stitch 30 minutes 6 days
Tidy 15 minutes 6 days

I visited a new to me quilt shop and it was AWESOME.  If you happen to be in central Alabama, it's called J Light Quilt Shop in Childersburg.  It's an adventure to get to it but well worth the drive.

I didn't over buy while I was there.  I left plenty of reason to go back.  But I did purchase 3 yards of fabric.  2 yards are for DD's quilt.  The layer cake that I ordered for hers was lost and I'm still waiting for FedEx to deliver the replacement that was to be delivered 4 days ago.  Maybe tomorrow.

Yards in YTD (including Frivols)      36.3
Yards out YTD                                  80.9
Net yards                                      -44.6

Wishing you more stitchin time than I will have.
Rose

No comments: