Friday, July 30, 2021

Two finishes in one month!?!

 Last week I posted about Threadology and this week I finished the first of two Morewood Mystery quilts.

Front

Back
The back was pieced with the leftover fabric and then I added some fat quarters to make it big enough.  This finish has me caught up on my PHD challenge at QuiltingGail.



I believe that because of this challenge I have purchased WAY less fabric than usual.  Other than the Frivol tins by Moda (a collection) I have only purchased one kit and the finishing kit for the BAQ 20-21.  I have worked on projects that I already had started or purchased and I have used what was on hand for backings.  Today I purchased the backing for the Purple Curves which was planned. 

Yards in YTD (including Frivols)      33.3
Yards out YTD                                  80.9
Net yards                                      -47.6


My goals for the week were:
 Stitch a row on my sister's quilt     👍
Finish Morewood black and white    👍
Find a backing fabric for Purple Curves    👍

This week the goals are:
Stitch a row on my sister's quilt
Trim Crazy Blocks and start sashing
Stitch at least 30 minutes 6 days
Tidy at least 30 minutes

On another note, I have been searching for a 12 sided dice die.  I finally found some locally.  I roll a die every Thursday to find out what piecing project I will work on this weekend.  I've been just choosing from the first 6 project but I have 12 project tubs.  Now I can, if I choose, roll the 12 sided die and expand my horizons. 

Wishing you more stitchin time than I will have.

Rose


Linking with Oh Scrap and QuiltingGail for the July PHD report.


2 comments:

Chantal said...

Congratulations! This quilt is very bold. It's one my boys would love.
You are doing very good with your goals and challenges. I keep score on an Excel sheet too. It helps to keep track because I sure can't, lol. Good luck at finding the die. ;^)

Quilting Gail said...

You are doing fantastic with your PHD in 2021!!! A lot of UFOs hare completed and most of your new starts! Way to go!
Love the Moorewood mystery! Very nice!
Thanks for linking up to PHD in 2021!