Sunday, August 29, 2021

Concern and Anxiety

Ida to make landfall on the anniversary of Katrina. While my grandson is in Baldwin County, Alabama quarantined to his dorm room after a positive COVID19 test.  

As a fairly new employee of the Emergency Management Agency I am being activated for the first time.  

In preparation for Hurricane Ida we will begin activation today at noon.  My shift will begin at 6:30 this evening and I will work overnight.  I have never worked a night shift before so I'm trying, this morning, to figure out how to get some sleep in during the day, how do I keep myself awake all night, and am I allowed to bring things with me to help with that.

My job is to be there in case they need to purchase/order items to aid in response and recovery from the storm.  



I am going prepared.  I have packed a bag with the kit and instructions for My Favorite Color Is Moda along with a cutting mat and rotary cutter and a mini iron and wool pressing mat.  If I'm allowed I will be cutting fabric to help me through the night.

Wish me luck on this new experience.

Wishing you more stitching time than I will have.
Rose










No comments: