Sunday, October 3, 2021

Two more PHDs are now PDs

I finished 2 of my PHDs are Projects Done and that puts me back on track.


First I finished Clementine.  This was a BOM over at the Fat Quarter Shop.  Your make a $5 donation to St Jude's for each block pattern.  I only made half of the blocks and called it done.  It was started in February 2019 and made with scraps.  There is an oops that I decided to leave.  It was the second quilt done on the Grace frame with a meander. I have donated it to be given away at work to one of the contributors for our annual Charitable Contribution Campaign. Maybe it will encourage a little more participation.



Next up was my sister's quilt.  I finished it during her birthday month but not before her birthday.  I really don't think she'll mind.  

It was pieced in April/May 2020 during Covid when we were all sent home from work.  I was sitting with my MIL and I took my Featherweight with me and set up on her kitchen table.  I purchased a layer cake then added the white and it finished 88 x 88.  This is the third quilt to be quilted on the Grace frame and the first non meander.


The borders on this were quilted one side at a time.  The quilt was too big for the machine to reach the borders on the side.  Then I did the corners on my DSM.  I quilted dragonflies on the border.  They have great significance to our family.  Here is a view from the back.



And to wrap up September and begin October I have two of these on the design wall.  I'm in the process of making the pinwheels for a border but it will have to wait because the roll of the dice was not the bunnies this week.


Until next time...Wishing you more stitchin time than I will have.

Rose



Linking with:
Quilting Gail for PHD in September

4 comments:

Quilting Gail said...

You are moving along - finishing your UFOs!!! Good for you!
I love the border quilting! ... the dragonflies are great!
And the bunny ... so so cute!
Thanks for linking up to PHD in 2021!

Sharon said...

Very nice! Sounds like you've been busy stitching. :o)

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful projects!

Anonymous said...

Watch NBA on Twitch - Vidl.cc
Watch NBA youtube mp3 on Twitch channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp8z1Qq4fww. youtube.com/watch?v=t3z0QZxw. youtube.com/watch?v=D3X8QZW. youtube.com/watch?v=jq4zjzxw. youtube.com/watch?v=Jyxw_jv_p2. youtube.com/watch?v=Jyxw_jv_p2.