Sunday, April 28, 2019

Finally some finishes

Hey all.  I hope you have had weather similar to ours.  It has been in the upper 70's to mid 80's.  Great weather to open the windows in the sewing room and let the air flow through.

I actually had a couple of finishes this week.

This is the first time I have ever participated in the Hands to Help hosted by Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  I have this small finish for Jack's Basket.


I hope to have one or two more finished to send, but I am only a week away from my trip to Washington DC with my granddaughters 5th grade class.  I went with my grandson 6 years ago.  That trip was cut short.  It happened to be the week of the Boston Marathon bomb.  I'm looking forward to seeing the things we missed on that trip.

I also finished block 5 of the Threadology BOM by Jolly Jabber.


So the progress of the FIVE BoMs look like this:


From the left is the Mystery Let's Sew Along with Slice of Pi, then Threadology by Jolly Jabber, in the middle at the bottom is a Merry Meets Modern by Lavender Lime (this is a quilt along with a coworker), then Clementine by Jolly Jabber and finally Build a Quilt with Quilting is My Therapy.

The Threadology blocks each have four 6 inch blocks to match and the Clementine blocks each have a 20 inch block to match.  Both of these are made entirely with scraps.

The Clementine blocks all have the seams pressed open.  NOT FUN!  But, after reading every post by Mari I realized I didn't have to make all of them.  Thanks Mari.  Here are the results.

I have a Mini Clem and I'm really liking it.  It finished at 52 x 72.  I will add it to the stack to be quilted.  See the error design change in the large block in the middle?  I posted about this when Bernie from Needle and Foot wanted us to own our imperfections.  I chose not to correct it.

Okay, headed to the grocery store.  Wishing you more quilting time than I will have.

Rose





1 comment:

Mari said...

Your works in progress look great! You will have some lovely things at the end. The Jack's Basket quilt is a great finish for a good cause, too.