Saturday, December 30, 2023

And the Year is OVER already!!!

 Can you believe it?!!

It's final countdown with Shelly of Prairie Moon Quilts.  I love her inspiration and encouragement.  She has monthly organization challenges and then the final countdown at the end of the year.  And there is the 350 block challenge which I also participate in.  I have already hit the 350 blocks this year.

So the first countdown challenge was straighten fabric.  Either stash or scraps.  My stash is stored in this cabinet.  


Cubes 2 and 3 have purchased and self made kits respectively. #6 has precut fabrics, #8 has my free motion practice pieces, #9 is a project, #11 & 12 have t-shirts.  And after organizing #10 has misc. pieces and a couple of pieces I have reserved for stack n whack.

After organizing here's what #1,4,5 & 7 look like (in order).

         
Mostly neutrals               Sorted by Color


Multi colored                      Solids

First challenge met.  The second challenge was to clear the main work surfaces.  Normally mine aren't in too bad a shape but I recently completed a quilt and I also completed a top so the leftover fabrics (I never know what to do with them) are still on the cutting table and the sewing table has a small project.  Although what you can't see on the other side of the machine could use a little straightening.


There is work to be done on these.  This challenge will also be met.

Challenge number three will be released tomorrow and then we should be ready for the new year.

When I found out that my nephew would be here for Christmas morning (he was arriving Christmas Eve) I couldn't allow that without a gift to open with the rest of the family.  So, since I had this quilt, completely made of scraps, already quilted I decided I would bind it and have it for him.  

But it wasn't the one that I really wanted him to have.  So, Wednesday I went and bought the backing for the "ONE" and Thursday morning I loaded the backing and batting on the frame, took the already quilted one with me to sewing to bind just in case.  I told my stitchin buddies that I work best under pressure.

Friday morning I loaded the quilt.  What was the worry, I had all day Friday and Saturday and if needed, I knew it would be later in the day on Sunday before he got here.  

TADA!!!!

This one is much more manly and it's more his size.  And I even got the label on it.

And since then I completed the top of my BIL's QOV.


This one will have to wait in the to be quilted line for a while.  It doesn't need to be finished until August.

That makes two more finishes this year!!! 


Not too shabby.

Wishing you more stitchin time than I will have and a Very Happy New Year!!!

Rose



2 comments:

Linda said...

You've done so well on your challenges. That quilt looks perfect for your nephew, great job! I love that QOV flag quilt. Happy new year!

Kate said...

You had a very successful year. The quilt for your nephew is really fun. Congrats on all the PHD finishes this year.