Saturday, January 20, 2024

Various Projects

I have had so many things going, there was a time that overwhelm hit me.  I decided to join the RSC this year.  I did this a few years ago and never got past January which was also green.  I'm not sure where these are going but this is what I have so far.  I can tell you that the crumb block won't be going anywhere.  I realized that crumb quilting is not for me.


I do plan on making a couple more of each of the others.

In December I picked up a bag of orphan blocks from the free table at the BQG meeting.  I can't believe I didn't get back far enough to get all of them in the picture.
 

This was another cause of overwhelm.  I picked some more up in January but I haven't done anything with them yet.  After the overwhelm I decided I won't do that again.  But here's what resulted from this.

I have two washable mats for Lizzie's food bowls.

And a hot pad table runner.  I sandwiched insulbright in between battings and did minimal quilting.

I'm going to donate this to the guild boutique for our quilt show.  And I'm taking the rest of the blocks back to the free table and let someone else have a chance to make something from them.

I'm also the president of Cotton Patch Quilt Guild.  We are a fairly small guild with approximately 25 members.  We have five QOVs in the works.  One of them is made up of star blocks made by guild members.  I volunteered to make the sashing (what was I thinking).  It turned out not too bad.


It has since been passed on for borders and now is in the hands of another for quilting.

I was asked to quilt one of the five and that has been completed also.


I have a couple new gadgets.  I happened to see this bamboo soap dish at Walmart for about $5.  It is perfect for the longarm rulers that I'm working with at any one time.


My daughter gave me this thread holder for Christmas.

It is made to hang over a door but the only door in my studio is in the morning sun so I hung it from the back of a shelf.  I had my longarm threads in a drawer that didn't open all the way so it was hard to see what I had.

Speaking of threads.  Has anyone had this problem with thread?


This is Superior Thread's So Fine.  I changed the needle thinking that was causing it but it continued to "feather" even with the new needle.  Any ideas/advice?

And one last picture.  I couldn't resist this picture of Lizzie napping.


She is so entertaining!!!

Wishing you more stitchin time than I will have.
Rose










1 comment:

Linda said...

I like your green blocks, especially the churn dashes with the 9-patches in the centers. I have been struggling with my greens! That bamboo soap dish for your rulers is genius.

I use Superior Thread So Fine too. If you go here to the Superior Threads website and scroll down to the "Needle" heading, they talk about shredding:
https://www.superiorthreads.com/education/troubleshooting-guide