Saturday, February 3, 2024

January Recap, February Goals

 

I feel very unaccomplished for January.  The only completions I had were the orphan blocks and the green blocks for RSC.


I know there were other things but I, for the life of me, can't remember what they were so let's just move on.

I always keep my next 6 projects in these boxes.  I actually have 12 but that got too complicated.


A couple of weeks ago I spent 2 afternoons cutting parts for tops.  I had cut the parts for all of the projects in boxes 1-4 plus the Just 2 Charm Pack for the QAL with Cheryl. Because I'm going on retreat from Feb. 8th - 11th and the blocks for this challenge are to be completed by the 13th, this is one of the projects I'm taking with me.  I asked DH to pick one from the book and this is the one he chose.


I usually do quilting Monday - Wednesday and then on Wednesday evening I roll the dice to see which project I will be piecing this weekend.  The day after the cutting marathon the toss of the die rolled a 5.  That one wasn't cut 😞.  So cutting was completed and most of the blocks were sewn together over the weekend.. 

There are 8 of the blocks on the top, 4 each of the hourglass blocks and 5 of the smaller ones which aren't finished yet.  I chose this kit because of the colors.  I didn't pay attention to the content being about knitting.  I know how to knit but I don't. 

Then this week I rolled a 6, another one that wasn't cut 😬.  It has now been cut and I will begin stitching this weekend.


February Goals

1.  I obligated myself for 2 project bags per month.  Everyone at our fall retreat will receive one upon arrival.  The January ones didn't get done, so I have a goal of making 4 of them this month.

2.  Red RSC blocks

3.  Just 2 Charm Pack units into a flimsy.

4.  Bind Buttercup and Slate, wash and crinkle and photo.

I'm keeping this list kind of short because my sister and BIL will be visiting for a week two days after I return from retreat. I probably need to a little straightening before they come.


Wishing you more stitchin time than I will have.

Rose



1 comment:

Linda said...

Your wall of completions looks a lot like mine, and I still don't have my post ready - lol! Enjoy your retreat!