Friday, February 23, 2024

Books or Scraps or Both and a Finish

The Studio Organizing Task choices this month from Shelly were Tackle Books and Magazines or Work on Scraps.  I decided I would tackle the books and magazines.  I did this last year so they aren't in too bad of shape.

Wouldn't you know the first book I pulled out was Joan Ford's Cut the Scraps (can you say "SQUIRREL'?), so I've been working on scraps.

Several years ago I started this and managed to get four color tubs completed.


Then I got to this one and went UGH!!!  So I quit.


Since that task has come around again I believe I can do this.  Just keep plugging away, right?

While my sister was here I did a little hand stitching so we could visit and I could still get my stitchin time in.  She doesn't quilt and I hate hand work.

Hand work is necessary if you choose a Jen Kingwell design.  I completed 6 of these while she was here.  I only need 14 more.


I haven't picked up the needle since she left on Saturday. 😏

I've played a little thread chicken this month and won both times.  YAY!!!


Now, on to the finishes.  I finished a customer quilt.


It was quilted using Urban Elements Paisley Park Pantograph with white Glide thread.

And my own finish.  This was finished on the 3rd of the month.  I'm just getting around to taking photos.  This one will be donated to Butterfly Bridge CAC to be used as needed.  To help a child or to help raise funds.



Buttercup and Slate by Moda jelly roll quilted with Urban Elements Vintage and quoting one of my stitchin buddies,, this pantograph is "above my pay grade".  It will be fine once it's washed and crinkled but I'm not sure I will use it again.

That's it from me today.

Wishing you more stitchin time than I will have.

Rose





6 comments:

Linda said...

Glad you had a nice visit with your sister. Your Jen Kingwell blocks are beautiful! Your quilting looks great. Have a great weekend!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Your 4 organized tubs look so neat and tidy! Love that customer quilt and your quilt, too! Nice you got to spend time with your sister!!!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Your organized scraps are beautiful. I hear you when you look at a jumble of fabrics crammed into the container and that is the one that is "next!" Such a pretty customer quilt. I think the quilting on your quilt is perfect for the pattern. Your pay grade went up a few notches after this finish!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on taming those scraps and finishing up a quilt of your own!!

maggie fellow said...

ooo your organized scraps make want to grab my rotary cutter - good work

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post