Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Making a Change

 I haven't been one to post in progress photos.  Why?  I don't know.  But I am going to try to change that.

First, let's get to the completions.  The ladies group of our country club had our second annual Ladies Night Out with an ornament exchange.  I spent a little more than the suggested amount, but not much more.  I completed this table topper with less than half of a layer cake (top, backing and binding).  It's made smaller than the pattern because I have a round table so a runner doesn't work.



I recently posted about the 22 project bags I have planned for the next year but the first two that I made were for myself and not included in that count.


The larger one is too big, in my humble opinion.  It doesn't fit on any shelf. And the focus fabric was put on the back of the smaller one.  A lessons learned before I started the 22 for next years retreat.

Now, for what is on the design wall.  Our Flag Stands for Freedom is a QOV for my BIL.  He served in the Vietnam War.  He's very patriotic.  Last year when we got to their house he had received a new flag to fly by the front door.  It wasn't made in America so he wouldn't fly it.  My sister immediately ordered a new one that was.


This picture was made a week ago.  I am down to 7 more star blocks.  This is going together very well.  My stitchin buddies have given me a hard time because I didn't read the instructions and because I didn't read them I'm going to be putting columns together instead of rows.

And finally, Lizzie got a big girl haircut.  It took her 3 hours to get the bow out.


I crocheted her a sweater in anticipation.  It's cold outside!!


This wasn't really a "pattern" but more like instructions.  You can make it any size you want or need by taking a few measurements. 

See her bed in the picture?  She would sleep on my shoes at night and under the chair where my coat hangs during the day.  So I sat on the bed for 3 days to get my smell on it before she would use it.

Trying to house train her has been quite the job and really cuts into my stitchin time.  She still won't join me in the sewing room which is fine with me until I get her trained.

Wishing you more stitchin time than I will have.
Rose









No comments: