Wednesday, December 14, 2022

So Far!!!

Week one of retirement is in the books.

I managed to get my Christmas tree up.  DH made the statement that this is the earliest we've ever put it up.

I completed block 10 of the Build A Quilt 2020-21 and started the finishing kit.


Then I finished the last 10 blocks of Scrap Dance Mystery Quilt from 2015.  I originally cut enough pieces to make a twin quilt.  They stayed in a shoe box size tub for several years.  Then I decided to use them for leader/enders.  That became too slow for me so I added it to the UFOs.  



I decided I really didn't need a twin so it shrunk to a throw.  Now it is another top waiting for the new quilt frame to be completed. (still missing one box).



The leftover squares 


and HSTs (LOTS of HSTs)


are now the leader/enders.  Looks like I need to recover the ironing board!

And this is the pattern I've decided on.


I am trying my best to whittle on the scraps.

The legs of the frame came yesterday so at least I can begin to put it together.  Probably won't be a whole lot of stitchin this week while I work on it.

Wishing you more stitchin time than I will have.

Rose

Linking with Peacock Party at Wendy's Quilts and More






3 comments:

Michelle said...

What lovely projects! Block 10 is so pretty in those frosty colors. And I love your Scrap Dance Mystery Quilt

Linda said...

I love block 10! Wow those scrap dance mystery blocks are gorgeous. We put our decorations up earlier this year, not sure why, just wanted to get it done. And I must say I'm really enjoying it! Have a great weekend.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Oh, these light blue blocks are so pretty! Beautiful blocks on your design wall too.