Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Censored by Facebook!?!

 Well, I've been censored by Facebook.๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜… 

Some friends went on a trip to Louisiana and road on an air boat.  During their ride they saw and captured pictures of several alligators.  I posted a comment that said simply "Shoot em Lizbeth".  I was mocking Troy on Swamp People.  That was what he always said to his hunting partner when they snagged a gator.  Facebook didn't like it and deleted my comment.  Oh well๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

On the quilting front, my PHD chart isn't making much progress.



I made a t-shirt quilt for a coworker to take to his family reunion (made from reunion t-shirts) and have everyone autograph.  It's not very big and I didn't get a good picture but he was pleased.



I joined a local quilt guild earlier in the year. It has about 30 members.  We had a lesson on making pin cushions out of salt cellars.  I found these at the local antique store.  They are so tiny.  I haven't made my pin cushion yet but I will, one day.


They are also going to do a sew along with Jen Kingwell's Happy Birds.  I already have her Gypsy Wife book and thought I would do it instead.  They seem to be obsessed with her designs, they were telling about the last SAL they had and it was one of hers also.  I told my friend I haven't decided if I'm going to participate even though I have purchased the book and have all the 160 hexies basted.  Nothing but scraps and stash.  I will only buy backing.


Ten or so of them sew together every Thursday.  So I rearranged my schedule so I could join them.  We have our little stations all set up and we don't have to move everything every week.  It's helping me figure out what I need to pack to take in the motorhome.

Speaking of the motorhome, our first road trip is the end of this month.  We are traveling to North Michigan. I am looking forward to that.

I am going to try my best to do a better job of posting.

Rose





3 comments:

Quilting Gail said...

Rose, congratulations on finishing the t-shirt quilt! Those are not always easy to make!
You have your hexis all ready and organized! I'm amazed!
Have fun on your trip!
And thank you for linking to PHD in 2022!

Susie H said...

You have two finishes this year and that's better than nothing. Guilds are a wonderful place to learn new tips & techniques not to mention the comradery. I laughed out loud over your story about getting censored from FB. So ridiculous! My son gets kicked out periodically over not keeping his opinions in line with the FB police. Good job on all your stories and enjoy your vacation!

DawnyK said...

Sounds like you are having a good time and making new friends. Always more important than any stats. Hope you have a great August!