Sunday, March 28, 2021

True to my Resolution

True to my resolution I managed to get this Morewood Mystery quilt basted within a week of a flimsy.  Almost.  Well, 8 days.

It took me that long to get the backing put together, the after quilt.  Can't wait to show it.  I used all of the leftover fabric except about a 1/2 yard of the teal. 

I was planning to quilt it like the black and white one, with feathers in the background stripes, but a friend suggested palm/fern leaves.  The flowered fabric is a lily fabric with fern/palm fronds in  tropical colors.

Now if I could just get a couple of my PHDs basted.



Not much progress here.

I have the My Favorite Color is Moda pattern and fabric but I haven't started cutting it yet.  I also have Quilting is my Therapy Build A Quilt 2020-2021.  I haven't even opened the envelopes partially because I haven't finished Build A Quilt 2019-2020.

I have decided I AM NOT signing up for any more quilt-alongs until I get some of my UFO/PHDs completed.  Someone please hold me to this!!!

I really want to get back to rolling the dice on Thursdays to see what I will be working on during the weekend.  I do the quilting during the week and piecing on the weekends.

I will have to take advantage of my evening stitching while I can.  The new job will cut into that, at least for a while.

Wishing you more sewing time than I will have.

Rose



1 comment:

Susie H said...

I think getting Moorewood finished and pin basted is a great accomplishment. That's where I usually stall out. I know you're not planning on joining any new QALs but what about the Moorewood Mystery? I think I would like to jump into the 2021 quilt but would love having a friend for motivation. *wink* I think it kicks off in July. Maybe we should see how our PHDs are coming along by then.Ha!