Sunday, March 21, 2021

Morewood X 2

I have been working on the Morewood Mystery quilt that I started.  Here is the Black & White version, made from a kit purchased from Bear Creek Quilt Co.  I have started the quilting.  Feathers up and down the background stripes.  This is going to the oldest of my new grand daughters.  She will soon be 14.  Her favorite color is black.



Here is a close up of the feathers.  Hopefully you can see them.


And then, as if I didn't have enough UFOs, I had to do a second Morewood Mystery out of the fabric in my stash.  This one is going to another of my new grand daughters.  Her favorite color at this time is aqua/teal.  I hope it's not a problem that their brother's favorite color is lime green.


I plan to quilt it like the black and white one with feathers up and down the background.  Both have "after quilts" for backings.  I am working on this one now.  And with the New Year's Resolution of having them basted within a week of a flimsy, I need to get the after quilt for this one completed asap.

It's been 112 days since I smoked and I did well not gaining weight for the first 2 months.  But all of a sudden, since February 1st, the scale has creeped up each day.  So far 10 lbs.  

On January 20th I was asked to interview for a job transfer.  I'm hoping that the stress/anxiety of waiting on the interview is part of the weight gain.  The interview was last Tuesday and now it's over. 

The thing is, I love my job and my supervisor.  I don't love the 42 mile commute.  I don't hate it I just don't love it.  The new position would be 2 miles from home instead of 42 miles. But I would work 8 to 5 at least for a while, which would put me home 30 minutes later than I am now.  Although I wouldn't have to leave home at 6:10 each morning.  So I'm not stressed about whether I get the job or not.  I'm good either way.

I joined Weight Watchers a couple of weeks ago.  I have a hard time dieting but if it just reminds me to make better choices at meal time, drink more water, and to get up and move more often I'll be ok.

Wishing you more sewing time than I will have.

Rose


No comments: