Sunday, March 3, 2019

I made the quilt in the header picture for my mom years ago.  She loved scotty dogs.  It is the only paper piecing I have ever done (not my thing).  I have enough of the paper with patterns printed on them to make another quilt. 

The quilt came back to me when my mom passed away in 2013.  I lost it.  Searched the house multiple times.  The last time I remembered seeing it was at my grandson's high school football game in 2016.  I have asked family members if they had it or had seen it.  Nobody had.  My son (Lump's dad) often uses the golf cart to go across the neighborhood to visit friends and I asked if he had left it at the friends house.  The answer was no.  I planned on having dear SIL post it on FB to see if any football parents had seen it. 

I haven't really been dwelling on the fact that I lost the quilt, but it does cross my mind often and it bothers me.

I was sitting here today blog hopping when something hit me in the head.  My son was cleaning his room and found the quilt in his closet and dropped it from upstairs.  All I could say was THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.  My moms quilt is back home.

Wishing you more quilting time than I will have.

Rose

No comments: