Saturday, March 16, 2019

It's amazing how time consuming smoking is.  Today is day 13 without.  My son commented that I don't come down from the sewing room to go out to smoke.  I managed to get, not one but, two quilt tops done today.

A friend of mine became a grandmother to twins last week.  A boy and a girl.  I asked if they were using blue and pink in the nursery.  She said no, they were using earth tones and woodland animals.  I thought that is great for a boy.  I had a really hard time making a baby girl quilt with earth tones.

This one is Oliver's.  I saw it on pinterest yesterday, thought it over last evening and made it happen this morning.   I have never done this without a pattern before.  I did add a border on top and bottom.  I wanted them to both be about the same size and not square.


Then, because of the trouble with an earth tone girls quilt, I went with this for Clover.


The sun was coming in the window when I took this picture.  It was already 6:00.  I should get a glass of wine and start quilting them.

I haven't had a whole lot of quilting time on the Sweet 16.  SOOOOO looking forward to that.  I plan to do some ruler work on Oliver's and some swirls on Clover's.  Unless I can get some blue Pounce before I get to hers.

I've been wanting to go to a new "to me" quilt shop (it's an hour and a half away) but, Saturday is my only sewing day so I hate to spend it on the road.  I'm thinking maybe next Saturday DH and I can take a road trip and I will take a day off the next week.  Lump is on spring break and March is one of the two months in the year that we don't have a holiday.  Any ole excuse for a day off will do.

Wishing you more quilting time than I will have.

Rose



2 comments:

Mari said...

Congratulations on stopping smoking! How great for you. The quilts are quite lovely and perfect for boy/girl twins. I love the girl quilt especially. What great names, too!

Vasudha said...

Congratulations on your non-smoking streak. It's great by itself but it's even better if it gives you more quilting time! Love both the quilts.