Saturday, September 30, 2023

September is over!!!!!

 Can you believe it?  September is over!!!

But what a productive month it has been.

First I completed Weave it Be.  This kit was purchased from Craftsy before it was Blueprint in 2018.  It was an Angela Waters Midnight Quilt Show quilt.

It was a lot of fun to make but it wasn't mindless sewing so I couldn't work on it at stitching on Thursdays.  And here is the back.  My stitching buddies chose the middle fabric.



And the quilting.  I used variegated thread and a pantograph from Urban Elements


The next is the Mini Storm at Sea that I pieced during our motorhome trip.  It is now quilted and rests under my MILs urn.

This was a laser cut kit by Kate Flynn Nichols that I purchased at Quilt Week in Paducah.


If only I could teach an old dog new tricks I would teach DH how to take a picture without tilting the camera.  And yes, I need a haircut.

Then, number 19 for the year is an oldie.  This stack and whack has been cut for years.  It is mindless sewing so I really enjoy working on these while at stitching.  I have also helped two others get started stacking and whacking.


And the back has the "mother" fabric and the three extra blocks.


This one will go to Project Linus.

SEW, my PHD is looking awesome!!!!


I was looking at my list of 70 projects the other day and realized that I have only 3 WIPs, Rainbow Scrap Challenge, Leader/Ender and the Jungle Stack n Whack.  And only 4 that need to be quilted at the moment, My Favorite Color is Moda, Buttercup and Slate, Bella's, and Quilt Concert 2023.  Then I can start rolling the dice again. 

I do have three projects ready for quilt retreat that's in a week and a half.  One of them is also a laser cut kit from Kate Flynn Nichols and one is the Maple Leaf blocks that I purchased at the antique shop several months ago.  And I may prepare another stack n whack to take also.  You know.....mindless sewing.

I hope October is as productive as September has been.

Wishing you more stitchin time than I will have.

Rose






3 comments:

Linda said...

Weave It Be is beautiful! Your quilting looks great with that pretty variegated thread. That is a great photo of you! I like mindless sewing too. :D

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Your mini storm at sea is sure maxi impact!!!

DawnyK said...

Excellent stitching in September! Have fun at retreat!