Saturday, November 9, 2019

Finally finished the BIG ONE!!

My husband wanted a new quilt for our bed.  So last year in October I decided to make him one.

It's an Angela Walters pattern that I made bigger.  And since I bought a Sweet Sixteen I decided that this was going to be my practice quilt.

I finished it last Saturday, but today is his birthday so I gave it to him this morning.

I can't believe I didn't notice the tree shadow right in the middle of the quilt.

And a close up of the quilting.





And on the bed.


The backing could not have been better.


He absolutely loves it.

This quilt it 114 x 114, it took me a year to complete, and it has 627,058 quilting stitches.
I do piece work in the weekends and quilting each evening for an hour and a half, between work and dinner. 

Hoping you have more stitching time than I have.



5 comments:

Sandy Panagos said...

You're right, that IS a big one! Love the colors. It looks great on the bed.

Louise said...

What a gorgeous quilt! I've seen that pattern and have always been drawn to it. So wonderful to see it as a finished piece on a real bed. Congratulations! :)

Rose said...

Thanks

Many Hands and Many Hearts said...

That is one big beautiful finish. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Bonnie said...

It's beautiful. and your quilting is WOW! Great finish.