Sunday, August 25, 2019

Back From a Wonderful Retreat

I had a great "One Person Retreat".  The hotel had the perfect setup in the room.

The ironing board was pitiful but after sticking a nice thick hand towel under the pad (I say that lightly) it turned out tolerable.

When they would come to clean the room I went shopping.  I searched online before I went and I couldn't find a single quilt shop in Mobile, AL.  But, Joann's was less than half a mile away.  I also went to Michael's, Big Lots, Dirt Cheap and Belk.  At different times on different days.  And even with all of the shopping I still got all of the blocks of a baby quilt completed.


This is not the colors of choice if you're Bama fan.  Oh, but what we do for our children.  I will say that all of the fabric was left over from another Auburn quilt I had to make.

Now it's back to work so I can rest.

Wishing you more sewing time than I will have.
Rose

1 comment:

The Joyful Quilter said...

That's going to be a great Auburn baby quilt!! Nice job on the color placement. LOVE the chains formed and your use of 4-patch blocks in the centers!