Friday, June 7, 2024

Lots going on

My nephew and sister-in-law came to visit for Memorial Day and I didn't take the first picture.

My nephew came at Christmas and Lizzie laid in his lap the whole time he was here.  This time she barked every time he moved.  He tried so hard to get to her but it didn't work.  Twice someone else picked her up and put her in his lap. He would rub and rub and she would just look at me like "help me!!"

He has taken a job offer in Germany and is going to come and visit again before he goes.  I'm sure going to miss him.

DH and I celebrated our 46th anniversary a couple weeks ago.  Around here, celebrate doesn't have a whole lot of meaning except we wished each other "Happy Anniversary" several times during the day.

 
Then                          Now

Last week I went to a quilt shop on my way to have lunch with a former coworker and purchased a layer cake only to find out when I got home


that I had purchased it in March. 😖  I think I'm losing it.

I completed the orange peel blocks for Midnight at the Oasis with a little help from my sister-in-law. 


Now I just need to get them attached.  But that can't be completed until I get this off the design wall.


I posted about these here.  I ran low of background fabric and wasn't going to have enough for the border.  At the retreat we received a handout on 4 at a time flying geese so I supplemented the borders with them.  We also had a mini workshop on flange bindings, which I have never made, so I am adding one of those too.  I was hoping to have it done by meeting day but that's only a week away and the quilt frame hasn't been vacated yet.

Occupying the frame are the maple leaves that I posted about here.  I will have them completed by meeting time.  This is how I'm quilting them.


I have three rows left to do.  I can only work on the longarm in the morning before the heat of the day because I have to stand right in front on the air conditioner.  I already have the binding ready.  And I'm thinking of adding it on the frame like Jenny from Doodle Needle demonstrated.  I haven't completely decided on this yet.

Until next time.



Wishing you more stitchin time than I will have.
Rose








3 comments:

Linda said...

Happy anniversary to you and your husband! That is a great photo of the two of you. Do you think you might visit your nephew in Germany? Love your orange peel blocks, and the quilting on the maple leaves is beautiful!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

What a sweet photo of you two, Happy Anniversary! Buying twice this bundle is the proof that you love it, so two is better than one ;) Your design wall looks very pretty with these beautiful Orange Peel blocks, I love the center star. Love the fun dolls, and the leaves too! Thank you for sharing.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Happy Anniversary! Buying that bundle twice must mean that the project you choose to make needed more fabric than was in one bundle! I like your Midnight Cross project.