Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Another PHD completed in July

 This has been in the making for several years.  It is the Quilting is My Therapy Build A Quilt 2020-2021.  I didn't open the envelopes all year.  When the 2021-22 envelopes started arriving I would complete it and then open the corresponding envelope for the previous year.  I decided not to join the 2022-23 because I already have so many projects in the works and planned.  Now it's almost time for 2023-24 BAQ to start and I'm just getting this one done.  It's been on the frame almost quilted for several weeks.  With a friend coming to finish a quilt we started a few weeks ago (including quilting) I needed to get it off the frame.

I learned that one of my former coworkers and lunch buddies is retiring.  I texted her to see exactly when that would happen.  She told me officially August 1st but the 19th of July would be her last day.  So all of a sudden there was a goal.  We had lunch today and we sat and talked at the restaurant for 3 hours.

I didn't get a picture of her with the quilt but here it is in all it's glory.



It has it's mistakes design changes, one I knew about and one I found while quilting it, but as they say a finished quilt is better than a perfect quilt top.  And it seems that every quilt I finish has at least one "design change".  Maybe that will be my signature. 😏  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!!

Wishing you more stitchin time than I will have.

Rose





2 comments:

Linda said...

Your friend received a beautiful quilt! Love the design and the colors. The 3-hour lunch sounds like fun!

dq said...

This is a fantastic layout for a quilt. Great colors as well.