Tuesday, May 30, 2023

May PHD report

 Another finish toward my PHD. 


This is the Scrap Dance Mystery quilt From My Carolina Home. from several years ago.  I'm thinking it was 2015.  I completed this as a leader/ender and it is completely made of scraps.  I quilted it using a pantograph for the first time.  I originally cut all of the pieces (hundreds) for a twin size quilt and decided I didn't need one that big.  I am now using the leftover pieces for another leader/ender.  This will be donated to Project Linus.
The backing was also an old piece from my stash.



I've also joined Prairie Moon Quilts for the 350 block challenge and this month I completed 64 blocks, which puts me at 267 for the year.

We went on a trip in the motorhome to visit the friend that I made the "unofficial" QOV for and had a great, peaceful weekend.  He loved his quilt. And then we were on our way home in a rain storm and the windshield wipers quit.  Four hours and roadside assistance later (not fixed, just quit raining) we got home.  We will deliver for repairs in the morning.

Wishing you more stitchin time than I will have.

Rose

Linking with Quilting Gail

5 comments:

DawnyK said...

Fantastic Finish!!! Well done with all the travel and issues. What a great idea for the extra pre-cut fabric. Hope you enjoy June and can stitch a good amount. Good progress towards you PHD!

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Rose, this is a fantastic finish!! You've made great progress on your PHD. I'm glad you made it home OK even though you had a long wait.

Quilting Gail said...

You have a beautiful finish!!! Leaders and Enders are a great way to make quilts!
Your PHD in 2023 is progressing VERY WELL!!!
Thanks for linking to PHD in 2023 May Report!
Quilting Gail

Anonymous said...

This is awesome 🤩

Susie H said...

Your Scrap Dance turned out beautifully! I love Carole's Scrap Dance quilts too. Are you doing Quadrille? I'm still working on it. Maybe I'll get it finished up soon. I just did the smallest size, planning on a donation to Linus Quilts also. That's a scary story about the windshield wipers. We take for granted that they will turn on if it rains and continue wiping as needed. Four hours is a long time to wait for roadside assistance and then some since it sounded like they didn't show up. Thank goodness that rain ended when it did or you would still be out there! hahha! Good job on the PHD!