Saturday, July 18, 2020

QR Code

I started this several months ago.  I created the QR code that will take you to my blog and then started cutting black and white fabric.  This was quite the undertaking as these are 1" finished sections.




This was set aside while I worked on other things.  My son pushed me to pull it back out and finish it.  Then it sat in the to be quilted pile.  

My HQ Sweet Sixteen has been having problems so I have put off quilting anything since April. There is a "picking" sound usually right before it skips stitches and the thread breaks.  But it only happens when going backwards (moving the quilt from left to right or toward me).  

I decided to insert a bigger needle and try it again.  I chose this quilt to try it out on because I know this one isn't going to get used and washed often.  It didn't do too bad although I did hear the "picking" sound several times.  But it didn't skip stitches and the thread didn't break.  YAY!!!

This quilt was a fun experiment.

I created a QR code to our Humane Society's web site to make one the same size as this one so they could display it at their fund raisers.  I also created one to a blog post "How to create a QR code quilt" which was going to be a lap sized quilt.  I'm not sure that one is going to happen.  I may make the one for the Humane Society but I'm not sure.

Wishing you more quilting time than I will have.
Rose


1 comment:

Wendy F said...

Your QR code quit is awesome!!! Glad your machine cooperated in the quilting process.