Saturday, June 27, 2020

Didn't make it - OMG

I joined OMG this month for the first time.  A few days later I found out that Lump and her dad, after living with us since she was 3, are moving 13 hours away to Kansas.  So I decided spending time with them until they go was more important than meeting the goal this month.

I did get some of the blocks completed.  They are really fun blocks to make.  And a nice size at 15".  I am making the HST on my old faithful 40 year old Kenmore (my workhorse named Matilda) and all of the other piecing is being done on my newly purchased Featherweight named Gladys.


I will continue working on it this week while Lump spends the week with her mamma while her daddy is in Kansas interviewing for jobs.  It's also a work at home week.

Also, while helping me "work at home" Lump found a tub of old scraps and started laying them out on the floor and clipping them together with wonder clips. I told her she could put them on the design wall and this is what she came up with.



Some of this fabric wasn't fit for quilting but I let her have her fun.  At the end of the week I told her that I would try to get them sewn together while she was spending the weekend with her mother.  I had to replace the "not for quilting" fabric.  I don't think it turned out too bad.  In her eyes it is exactly as she had it on the wall and she loves it.

I pin basted, which I don't usually do.  I quilted a meander with a heart around each pin.


I labeled it.


And here she is with her quilt.



I'm gonna miss her.  And her daddy too.

Wishing you more quilting time than I will have.

Rose




5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

What fun to make a quilt with your granddaughter! Way more important than that OMG. There's always July!

Bonnie said...

You both did a wonderful job. How nice that she will have a special quilt to take to her new home. Sorry it is so far away. Sneak in quilting time when you aren't having fun with your granddaughter.

Rose said...

Thanks, ladies, for the comments. I can't figure out how to reply with the new Blogger.
I plan to spend as much time as I can with them before they go. I'll still have some quilting time.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, Rose! What a sweet thing to have done for Lump. That collaboration is SEW darling!

grammajudyb said...

What a great idea! A wonderful parting gift. She will treasure it always. I understand the missing the littles. My 2 littles( they are great grands) are now in Florida. The other 2 have always been in Arizona....so far. . We do use Zoom, every week.