Monday, January 21, 2019

Two finishes so far this year.

Christmas Day my 8 year old grandson had an allergic reaction to almonds.  It wasn't as serious as it could have been, but life changes after something like that.  So...I went to work.


This is the first of four I plan to make.  I was almost finished with the second one when the needle broke.  Time to quit for the day (week).  Back to work tomorrow.


The second finish is a retirement quilt.  Some time back I purchased two fat quarter bundles.  This is the fourth quilt I have made for retiring coworkers with those bundles and some background fabric.  The bundles are gone now.  I had to piece small pieces for the scrappy binding.  It is also my first feathers on the Sweet Sixteen.  I'm kinda proud of them.


My youngest granddaughter (5) saw this on the design wall and said "that looks like a brick wall."

I almost waited too late in the day to take the picture.  At least the sun was shining.  

This quilt will be gifted on Thursday at the retirement party.  

Hope everyone has a great week.

6 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

That is a very nice quilt. Welcome to the blogging world!!

Ramona said...

Great idea for your grandson's medications and allergies. What a nice gift for your co-worker's retirement. The feathers look great!

Diane E W said...

Nice gift, love the colors.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love that bag for his allergy stuff~! what a great idea. I too am allergic to almonds - I sympathize!

Rose said...

Testing to see if I am no reply.

Rose said...

Try again